Friday, May 16, 2008

When Your Reputation Is Questioned

The Internet has become a powerful tool in gathering information about anything you want to know, but it has also become a tool for people to use to try to harm a persons intregity as well. It is amazing how one person can sabotage another just based on their anothers opinion or without checking out the facts.

When reading negative things on the Internet, remember these are individuals who hide behind the Internet and feel they are above approach.

I am all for freedom of speech, but use that freedom carefully and before you use your freedom to voice an opinion make sure you have all the facts and documentation to back it up with. If not, you can put yourself in a situation where the damage can turn on you.

Gossip is a form of jealously, in my opinion, and most people thrive on the negative over the positive.

As virtual assistants all we have is our reputation and when someone tries to tarnish that reputation it is a result of one or two things, jealously or envy.

I have been a virtual assistant for over 9 years and I have seen the good and the bad and the one thing I have learned is to always be honest, which is why I have an amazing group of virtual assistants who respect me for what I have done for the virtual assistant and the real estate virtual assistant industry. Not to mention the clients I have had the pleasure of working with and continue to have their respect.

If anyone wants to question my integrity I invite them to contact me personally to discuss my work ethics, honesty or my reputation. Feel free to request my long list of wonderful recommendations. I would be happy to hear from you.

No comments: