Saturday, August 09, 2008

Real Estate Virtual Assistants - Organize Your Time!

Owning a business as a real estate virtual assistant it took awhile and a lot of changes have been made over the past 10 years in how I structure my time, but I think I have finally mastered it! Yeah right!

As a mother of three boys who are very active in sports as well as in academics I find myself with little time for me!

As I have always said, God first, Family second, Career third. It is hard to balance everything and keep everyone happy. Am I right? Am I the only one with the never ending problem?

What I have found is getting plenty of rest really does help! I now structure my time to get up before anyone else in the house so that I can have my 20 minutes with The Lord, spend time with my all my pets (3 Burmese Cats, a3 pound Yorkie and then my lab, retreiver and collie), and tend to the things that are important to me. Once the house awakes I am in full gear to prepare them for school. Once I arrive home to a house of peaceful quite, I begin my work day. Take a lunch break away from the computer, do a little housework, prepare dinner, then I go back and start my afternoon just as fresh as I did that morning. Then I pick up the kids from school, run my errands and when we get home I get the boy's situated with a snack, homework and their chore list. YES, my boy's have chores! It is good for them! Then I work till 6:00 PM and I am a mom for the evening. Once everyone is in bed I might go back and finish up a project and then off to bed.

I also have found that my weekends are important to my family, so again I might awake before everyone else to get a couple of hours in, but once they are up - I am mom and they have my full attention.

Does it work? Well, nothing works to perfection, but I try and give it my best shot!

Now that School starts soon I find myself re-organizing my day around the husband and kids. LOL! Oh! and did I mention I have my middle son is now a senior who will graduate this year and preparing him for college is another ballgame.

But, I love my life and would not trade anything for it! And I am look forward to another year of front row seat at every high school football game watching my two boy's work hard and love the game of football.

No comments: